Monday 5 August 2013

Photography Challenge Inspiration

This weeks photography challenge has two options; Summer or Water. 
As there are still a few more days of the challenge I thought I would post some pictures as inspiration.

First up: Summer


Image Found Here



I think this picture is beautiful, the haze of a summer evening, the four poppies rising up through the grass. Just lovely.


Image Found Here


Maybe you head to the beach in the summer, sipping cocktails and enjoying a relaxing break. This type of picture shows just that without it being a typical holiday beach snap.


Image Found Here
I know what you might be thinking. "Hey, Chloe, what in the blue blazes is a picture of people in the rain doing in a post about Summer?" Let me tell you.
I live in the UK and we are not famed for our top notch summers and it rains a lot. If that's a part of summer then why not include that in your photography? If your summer isn't all going to the beach or lazy days in the garden then why hide it?

Image Found Here
We love a good festival. Whether its Glastonbury, Coachella or Boardmasters in Cornwall we all love a good sing and a dance with our friends to out favourite bands. This photograph I found on Tumblr really makes me think of the festivals I've been to. All the mud, sunshine, drinks and laughs. And that's what a photograph should do. Make you think.

Option 2: Water

Found here
Maybe this is rain. Maybe this is a shower . Who knows. Either way I think the colours and textures are cool. This sort of this is also a great chance to practice using different apertures and shutter speeds!

Image Found Here
This actually made me thirsty. A nice cold glass of water with beads of condensation gives you the impression that its hot outside and also really makes you want a drink!

Image Found Here  
Here you have another chance to practice using all the different functionalities of your camera and the additional challenge of using light to pick up the droplets of water.

Image Found Here
Now this is cool. The photographer was inspired by the way oil settled on top of the water when he was making spaghetti for dinner. This shows that inspiration is everywhere and that with a little bit of thought into the set up you can make something very cool.

So there you have it! I hope this has inspired you to look at taking photos differently and helps you to challenge yourself.

Remember to check back on Thursday to see how I did!

Chloe
































No comments:

Post a Comment