Thursday 1 August 2013

Week One Of My Photography Challenge: Self Portrait

So this weeks challenge was to take a self portrait and just try and make it a bit different from the standard stand in front of a white wall and smile type image.

I took various shots throughout the week and realised I realised I have no idea what Im doing when it comes to shooting people. You know how it is, when you arent interested in doing something you take less interest than if its something you really enjoy.
For me, that thing is photographing people.
Animals, buildings,cats,dogs, etc all fine.
People? Not so much.
I think its because I dont want to be under that pressure of giving direction and then having to present those pictures to that person and potentially have them be disappointed.
Woah. Theres a deep insight for you.

Anyway, heres my photograph for this week:


I decided to take my photo in the garden as there are a lot of different aspects to it and just brings something a bit different to it than if it were taken in the house. 
I wasnt to sure what to do with myself but I liked the idea of being sat down (I'm so lazy its unreal) as it reflects me as a person (lazy).
So here I am, back to the camera, sat on the ground, staring at the tree.

Check tomorrow for the new challenge!

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment