Friday 26 July 2013

Challenge Yourself

I've had my DSLR camera for just over a year now and I think its about time I challenged myself and step outside of my comfort zone in terms of techniques, editing and subject matter in the hope that this will make me a much better photographer.
Now, Im a complete sucker for scrolling through pages and pages of peoples 365 photography projects and would love to do one myself but I would find it so daunting to make sure I take a photograph every single day so I figured Id start with a more manageable challenge.

One photograph a week for a year.

I will post a guideline every Friday and then post the results the following Thursday. I decided to post them every Friday in order to give myself the weekend to really work on it and think about what it is that I want to do with the guideline this week.

If you would like to take part not check back on a Friday to find your new challenge!

"Enough explaning!"I hear you say
"Whats the first challenge?" I hear you shout

Blimey you are very impatient/enthusiastic!

This weeks challenge is:

Self Portrait

I know, I know.
This is fairly typical for the start of a photography challenge but it makes sense.
Its a chance to show your personality, style of photography, amazing hair etc
This doesnt need to be a standard stand in front of the camera and smile type self portrait. Why not do something a bit different like the ones I have featured below:

Loveshawna



Found Here


Jack Batchelor
Cari-Ann Wayman Has a beautiful collection of self portraits

Have fun with it, interpret it however you want and if that means taking a selfie with your iPhone and Instagraming it then do it!

See you soon!

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment